About One DNP

I earned my "terminal practice" degree in nursing from the University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center in a journey of excitement and challenge. It inspired me to advocate for an all encompassing clinical credential rather than continuing the hodgepodge of nonsensical initials. I hope these entries will provide entertainment and insight into the Doctor of Nursing Practice experience, which will soon be the entry standard for all advanced practice nurses.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Things I Love About Memphis

I posted a list of links on the right of places I loved on my first real trip to Memphis.

Rachel's Salon and Spa: An Aveada salon. I spied it out of the corner of my eye as I was getting off the trolly stop on Main. I had a fabulous reflexology session on Thursday and amazing facial on Friday. It is not fru-fru at all and the staff is awesome. My therapist was Tawnie (I think) and she was excellent! The receptionist remembered me, was extremely friendly, and pointed me in the direction of my first authentic Tennessee BBQ. I will be a repeat customer!

Rendezvous BBQ: You know when you have to walk down a back ally and you can smell it a block before you get there, the cooking must be something! I grabbed some takeout of brisket and ribs that there was no way I could polish off. I also got a tip from the bartender about reveling my Kentucky ties - the Caliperi effect is alive and well!

Felicia Suzanne's: The fact these folks carry Pierre Ferrand Cognac, Citadelle Gin, and Matildacordials already puts these guys at an advantage. I ate a small dinner at the bar with a delicious blueberry-pear side car, organic chicken crepes, and a french toast dessert with ice cream, walnuts, and other delights. Yum.

McEwens: How can anyone resist a plate of heirloom tomatoes and mozzarella followed by flank steak and potatoes? A great combo of small plates, although the bar was rather limited. I look forward to the next try - their seafood menu looks awesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment