About One DNP

I earned my "terminal practice" degree in nursing from the University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center in a journey of excitement and challenge. It inspired me to advocate for an all encompassing clinical credential rather than continuing the hodgepodge of nonsensical initials. I hope these entries will provide entertainment and insight into the Doctor of Nursing Practice experience, which will soon be the entry standard for all advanced practice nurses.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Discussion Board Mishap

As a hippy roasted-nut vendor at an art show told me once, "the problem with people today is they rely on 2-D communication." She then want on to talk about extra-terrestrials, but that is besides the point. We may have come a long way in the speed of communication both through technology and decreasing formality, but we are a long way from the eloquent and specific speech used in great letter writers like John and Abigail Adams or Henry James or Horace Walpole.

This is my pedantic way of saying my humor does not translate well in print! I put up several thoughts about mortality including, as a punch-line, "what SHOULD we die from?"and was essentially cautioned about the dangers of ignorance and dropping the ball on health promoting and disease prevention practices. I suppose my delivery made me sound flippant about death and disease.

Ooops.

No comments:

Post a Comment