About One DNP

I earned my "terminal practice" degree in nursing from the University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center in a journey of excitement and challenge. It inspired me to advocate for an all encompassing clinical credential rather than continuing the hodgepodge of nonsensical initials. I hope these entries will provide entertainment and insight into the Doctor of Nursing Practice experience, which will soon be the entry standard for all advanced practice nurses.

Friday, August 13, 2010

First "Real" Quiz

Technically, this was the second quiz, but the first one was a "do you understand the syllabus" gimmie, so I do not count it. Thankfully the points counted since my performance on this exam leave much room for improvement.

I managed to over-read a few questions and under-read the directions. After discussing these exact traps with my BSN students yesterday, I feel served, schooled, and paid back!

I sent the professor an e-mail to get some clarification on a couple of questions so I do not fall behind the curve, and a few hours later there appeared an announcement on Blackboard saying emails would be answered publicly after everyone had completed the quiz. I hope this means I am not the only one/one of the few with questions or I am going to feel like a real dunce.

Now that I have a feel for the question style, I hope to ace the rest of these for the duration . . . or at least get the 10 points of extra credit at mid-term.

****Update****
After analysis of the questions, a boon was granted on a couple of questions that had double negatives and caused over half the class to pick the correct-wrong answer. I was one of those and I got back a point - happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment