About One DNP

I earned my "terminal practice" degree in nursing from the University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center in a journey of excitement and challenge. It inspired me to advocate for an all encompassing clinical credential rather than continuing the hodgepodge of nonsensical initials. I hope these entries will provide entertainment and insight into the Doctor of Nursing Practice experience, which will soon be the entry standard for all advanced practice nurses.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Settling into Semester Two

Well, maybe if you define settling as a crazed and disorganized irritability.

First, the good stuff - I did not start any fights on Blackboard in either Leadership & Health Policy or Psychiatric Assessment. I got a head-start on my facilitator duties for the first week of February in Concept & Theory Analysis and completed all of my reading for Leadership & Health Policy through the end of this week, including taking the emotional intelligence and leadership analysis quizzes which revealed I am rather perfect.

The bad stuff - I have made only a tiny dent in the reading assignments for Psychiatric Assessment which is arguable the most important class of the semester.  My clinical sites for Therapy, which I though were a stone cold lock, are now up in the air and I am going to have to go begging this week. Also, according to the Riso-Hudson personality test I took for Leadership & Health Policy, I am a contradictory jerk.

The plan - I am putting all of my weekly assignments into Google calender every Sunday so I can get the organization train moving by scheduling appointments with myself to sit and get it done. Ditto for my workouts which slacked way off since the semester started. I feel much smarter when the endorphins get flowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment