About One DNP

I earned my "terminal practice" degree in nursing from the University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center in a journey of excitement and challenge. It inspired me to advocate for an all encompassing clinical credential rather than continuing the hodgepodge of nonsensical initials. I hope these entries will provide entertainment and insight into the Doctor of Nursing Practice experience, which will soon be the entry standard for all advanced practice nurses.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

APNA 2011 Conference Call for Proposals

After attending the 2010 conference in Louisville, I am chomping at the bit to present something at the one in Anaheim this October. But what to pick? Chinese Medicine and psychiatric illness would be an excellent choice since it is my primary bread and butter. There are certainly enough PTSD and acupuncture studies and plenty of publications on TCM mental health theory to fill a poster. "The 7 Emotions of Psychiatric Care" has a nice ring. But is that really stretching my mind enough or just regurgitating other people's work?

I have a few other ideas cooking around in my head related to promotion of the profession, practitioner self-care, various yoga therapies, and utilization of social media, but nothing concrete. What I would really like is a partner to work with so we could develop something to stir some thinking.

The call for proposals is due March 1st.  All ideas welcome and appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment