About One DNP

I earned my "terminal practice" degree in nursing from the University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center in a journey of excitement and challenge. It inspired me to advocate for an all encompassing clinical credential rather than continuing the hodgepodge of nonsensical initials. I hope these entries will provide entertainment and insight into the Doctor of Nursing Practice experience, which will soon be the entry standard for all advanced practice nurses.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Mid-Year One Week: Day Three

Leadership & Health Policy
I admit it - I am bitter that I have to take this course. Again. I already took a DNP level health policy course in the fall that would not transfer because it was not "exactly" like the one at UT. I should not be surprised because nearly every university does this so they don't loose out on one dime of that beautiful cash American, but if I have to go over the health care bill in detail yet again, I am going to require Xanax. Stupid boutique classes. I cannot even rip off my own papers!

Memphis Highlights
Springhill Suites is a winner and I will certainly stay again even if I do not rate customer of the day. Breakfasts are great, the decor is modern and relaxing, there is excellent free wi-fi and printer access, plus they have a lovely little soiree on Wednesday nights with beer, wine, and appetizers.

Last Minute Transportation was once again a great transportation service with that personal touch. Unknown to me, the trolley decided not to run down Madison and they came through in a pinch when I had 8 minutes to get to class.

Felicia Suzanne was having a private party in the bar area so we wound up checking out Flight for some apps and drinks. As the name indicates, they specialize in pairing wine and food flights. The concept was pretty cool, but the execution was nothing to rave over. The sidecar was weak to say the least, and my dining partner was not impressed with the pomegranate martini. In fairness, we only had one of the flight appetizers, so I will probably give it another roll on the next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment