About One DNP

I earned my "terminal practice" degree in nursing from the University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center in a journey of excitement and challenge. It inspired me to advocate for an all encompassing clinical credential rather than continuing the hodgepodge of nonsensical initials. I hope these entries will provide entertainment and insight into the Doctor of Nursing Practice experience, which will soon be the entry standard for all advanced practice nurses.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Memphis, Memphis Hear I Come!!!

Finals are taken, papers are turned in! All I have left is a 5 minute presentation on whether logical positivism or process philosophy is the better approach to studying sanity and the final edits to that paper and this semester is history.

And then on to the next semester the will start, oddly, concurrent to the conclusion of the current semester. So here is a sneak peak at what on-campus week looks like:

Tuesday:
8am direct flight on Delta which I cannot get a seat assignment for because the light is oversold. This is not a good omen.

8:30am I will make the flight, I will have a seat, I will get there in time to grab a ride over to the hotel in time to have a light lunch and trolley it over to the university.

1-3: Interviewing and counseling (final class)

4-5:30: Assessment strategies in mental health (first class)

5:30-8: Biological treatment of psychiatric disorders (final class)

8-?: I am getting a sidecar from the place down the street I went to last time. Yum.

Wednesday
7:30-9: Individual group and family therapy (first class)

9-12: Concept and theory analysis (first class)

1-5: PRESENTATION Philosophy of science (last class)

6-???: Party at the deans house!

Thursday
9-12 Leadership and Health policy (first class . . . again. I already took this stupid course at Bellarmine but they would not let me get out of it because "they did not teach it exactly like we do." PHFTTTTTTTTT)

1-4 Written scholarly activities workshop

And then I leave for Italy!

No comments:

Post a Comment