About One DNP

I earned my "terminal practice" degree in nursing from the University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center in a journey of excitement and challenge. It inspired me to advocate for an all encompassing clinical credential rather than continuing the hodgepodge of nonsensical initials. I hope these entries will provide entertainment and insight into the Doctor of Nursing Practice experience, which will soon be the entry standard for all advanced practice nurses.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Worth the Price of Tuition

Every week in clinical I learn something new, but this week was full of particularly intriguing one-liners. Learning is not always quantifiable, but for those that question the value of obtaining yet another advanced practice degree to do what you already do, I raise the possibility that the educational process may at minimum make you think differently than you have been thinking. And thinking changes practice. 


I just don't feel the way I do. 
     - LPN (just chew on that one for a moment!) 


The trouble is not that people change, but that they don't
      - Patient insight


Anywhere else it would be called assault instead of rock'n'roll
     - Paient insight


The truth of everything is known when you achieve it
     - PTSD fear awareness group


It's not hypocritical if you want to believe it
     - Spontaneous response from patient session (something I need to work on)


Anyone can pay for knowledge, but belief has no price tag 
     - Reflective practice insight after patient session

No comments:

Post a Comment